Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Work getting in the way

Yesterday was an extremely long day at work. Arrived at my normal 7:00am time and it all went to hell from there.

We had a contract negotiations meeting with our potential contractor starting at 8:30am. We did break for lunch for 45 mins but did not finish the meeting until 5-freakin'-15pm. And it wasn't even an interesting meeting. It was long and boring and painful. I was soooo dead tired when I finally left the building.

And I missed the next bus and would have had to wait another 20 minutes for the following bus. BUT, a guy looking for someone to get in his car going to Leesburg relented and decided he could take me to Dulles North. (It was in his best interest because of HOV restrictions) It was great, I was back at my Jeep in 30 minutes. It was the best part of the day. I became a slug yesterday. I have never been a slug commuter before. Not sure if I could do it on a regular basis though, just a little fearful of a weirdo picking me up.

Then as bad as a I felt, I still went walking around the lake and riding my bike around the long block. I felt great then.

So that's my day yesterday. How was yours?

No comments: