Friday, October 10, 2008

Well, here's the update: I talked with the HR lady bright and early this morning. Apparently the clearance I had years ago is enough to start the job! Providing I passed the drug test that I took yesterday, and there really is no reason to think I didn't, I am in! The drug lady said the results should be back tomorrow, of course, the HR lady said they sometimes have difficulty getting the results to the correct office and it could take a week or so. Typical actually.

And, as I was standing at the main desk getting admitted to the building for my drug test, who do I see? Bob, the security guy that I will be working with. One of the gentlemen that interviewed me. That was great. He asked me if I was happy and I said "very" and told him that I didn't feel too good about how the interview went and he said that I actually blew everyone else away, that's why they didn't narrow it down to a final 3. That made me feel awesome!

So, just a few more weeks and I am back in the government, not a contractor anymore. Can you say stability and pension (I know, I know how things are going right now) and annual raises again? Woo hoo!

Oh yeah, and I don't think I like the signature, it takes up too much space and makes the posts look messy. I think it has to go.

No comments: