Friday, November 21, 2008

Got a message from our Watch Office announcing that the National Weather Service has issued a "chance of snow flurries or snow showers". Come on, are you serious, that's not worth a weather advisory. Well, actually, in this area, I might be wrong. If a single flake is int he air, people are white knuckling their steering wheel, slamming on their brakes, driving 15 miles under the posted limit. Ok, I'll rethink that announcement. (how ridiculous)

Oh yeah, I seriously love my new job. I am actually working, planning, doing things that will ultimately better the agency. It is so cool! I just hope I can live up to the expectations. (I'm sure I will)

It's Friday, I've worked a whole pay period, woo hoo! And I found out that my previous federal employment has been credited. Each 2-week pay period I am accruing 6 hours of leave, instead of the start-off 4 hours. What a surprise that is, it's great.

Have a lovely evening!

No comments: